Our secure facilities are located on the Anglo Trading Estate in Shepton Mallet, Somerset. This is a Grade II* Listed site with many original features. We offer storage units and business space.
KEEPING OUR STAFF AND CUSTOMERS SAFE
When on our site please follow Government safety guidelines on Covid, social distancing, face coverings etc. Our site is a mix of Self-storage facilities and businesses. The self-storage areas are self-contained and accessible by door codes which are only given out to the tenants occupying that particular area. In addition to our cleaning regime, Tenants must bring anti bac and spray the door codes before they use them to prevent the spread of the Corona virus, this also applies to trolleys. Prospective tenants must wear a mask when visiting and all paperwork is done remotely as office staff work from home wherever possible in line with government guidelines.
Your safety and the safety of your belongings are most important to us. The Anglo Trading Estate is covered by CCTV, each building entrance has a door code which is changed periodically and only given out to tenants who access that particular area. Our business tenants are vigilant, our maintenance team and Haskins Furniture staff are usually on site – the Property Manager, Maintenance Foreman and Directors can monitor CCTV remotely. Any suspicious behaviour which is reported is responded to as a matter of urgency and fully investigated with door codes etc. changed if we deem this a necessary precaution. We have a security company which monitors the site out of hours also.
Self-Storage for Domestic Use
Our self-storage units provide purpose built, secure storage spaces in historic surroundings.
Storage units range from 50 sq.ft. up to 2,250sq.ft. Prices start from £50 + VAT per calendar month.
Units are available for a minimum 1 month term with a 2 week notice period after that. Tenants can relocate to a smaller or larger storage unit to suit their requirements and priority is given to existing tenants when a suitable unit becomes available. If you are storing domestic items only then rates are included within the rental charge.
Tenants provide their own lock to secure their individual storage unit and entrance doors have keypads. There is CCTV on the site and out of hours the entrance gates are locked. Trolleys are available to assist with moving belongings from the car park to each unit.
Information for Businesses
As well as Storage Units, Business space is also available on the Anglo Trading Estate. These range from 565sq.ft up to 10,000sq.ft. The facilities offered vary according to the individual unit (e.g. sole use of kitchen). We are proud that many of our existing businesses have been with us for years often starting in smaller units and moving into larger ones as they become more successful.
Typically our business owners describe the Anglo Trading Estate as a family or close community. Businesses are responsible for their own Business Rates and for notifying the Local Authority Mendip District Council of their occupation of a unit within our site.
- A refundable deposit is required (not subject to VAT)
- A minimum Term of 1 month
- After the initial payment (above), future payments must be paid by Standing Order to the Landlord’s nominated Bank Account
- Rents are receivable in advance; Rent arrears are not allowed and may lead to the Landlord taking control of your unit contents
- After the initial minimum term of 1 month, written notice will be required, based on 2 weeks – any overpaid rent would be worked out pro-rata and returned
- We do not insure the goods; storage of goods in the unit is at your sole risk
- Access available Monday to Friday 7.00am to 6.00pm and Saturday 8.00am to 1.00pm; any other times by appointment (with 48 hours’ notice)
- We recommend you insure your goods against normal perils, prior to bringing them on site. Normal perils in this condition mean loss of or damage to goods caused by fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, aircraft, storm, flood, bursting and/or leaking pipes, moth, insect and vermin from an external source, theft accompanied by forcible and violent entry or exit, riot, strike, civil commotion, terrorism, malicious damage and impact by vehicles
- We do not give any advice concerning such insurance and it is for you to make your own judgement whether such insurance is appropriate to cover the goods and risks to them
- No flammable liquids/ materials are to be stored on site at any time
- Customer may park one vehicle only whilst they are on site
- Council Rates are not chargeable to you on this unit as long as the conditions on the attached declaration are adhered to
- At the end of the tenancy, the unit is to be left in a No Better, No Worse condition based on the start of the agreement; the cost of any repairs can be taken from the deposit at our discretion